1. Till date, Modi has successfully hugged over 40+ world leaders as India’s Prime Minister with some like Donald Trump and Ex President Barack Obama and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan being the beneficiary of a Modi hug on multiple occasions. NaMo hit the jackpot of hugging in January 2018,when 10 ASEAN leaders came to India to attend India’s 69th Republic Day celebrations. Modi hugged them all except Myanmar’s leader Aung San Suu Kyi.
2. Like Munna Bhai, Modi Bhai also believes that a Jadu ki jhappi make this world a better place.Hence it does not matter to him if his opposite number’s culture encourages hugging or not.Modi went straight for a tight hug while meeting Japanese Prime Minster Shinzo Abe and also President of Mexico Enrique Pena Nieto for the first time.
3. So far NaMo has restricted his hugging to world leaders only. He is yet to hug his political opponents like Rahul Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal and definitely not Ms Renuka Chowdhry.Both Congress party and AAP call it a conspiracy to undermine the unity and integrity of India.
4. Famed music director A R Rahman is all set to record a Modi version of the famous motivational song, Hum Honge Kaamyaab(We shall overcome). The Modi version will be called Hug Honge Kaamyaab( Hug shall overcome).All movie theatres in India will be obligated to play this before the beginning of a movie and patrons would be encouraged to hug each other.
5. After declaring June 21 as International Yoga Day, United Nations is all set to make June 22 as an International Day of the Hug It will be formally called World MoHug Day, in honour of the man who took a Hug to huge heights.
6. It is speculated that a single MoHug has the power to bring in minimum $ 1 billion worth of investment into India, the real secret behind India’s spectacular economic growth since 2014.
7. Although no official time record is available, it is said that the 45-second hug between Modi and Trump holds the record for the longest MoHug.Melania was not impressed though.
8. At the current average, it is not far-fetched to say that by the time he completes his second term in 2024, at least 500 MoHugs would have been imparted to various world leaders on multiple occasions and at multiple locations across the world.
9. A MoHug range of natural products and merchandise is under development by Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali. A request by Huggies to sign up Modi ji as their global brand ambassador was firmly rejected.
10. Coming soon in not too distant future…. A MoHug at the top of Mount Everest with Kim Jong-un and a MoHug to Elon Musk on the moon !!